Author's Web Site:

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Book Availability

Question: Derek, I'm trying to buy your book, Tao Te Ching: Annotated & Explained, but it seems to be sold out everywhere I look. Can you tell us what's going on? When will it be available?

Answer: The latest information I have from the publisher is that we have indeed gone through the first print run. Tao Te Ching: Annotated & Explained went into reprint several weeks ago, and the publisher has just received the new printing. They will be shipping out all the back orders this week. East coast warehouses and major outlets such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble should also receive books this week; West coast warehouses are expected to receive their shipment next week.

If you have not yet received your order of Tao Te Ching: Annotated & Explained, I want to assure you that it is on its way to you. Thank you for your patience.

To the readers who already have their books: Thank you for your support! Thank you for your word-of-mouth campaign making all this possible. It is a great honor for me to have this connection with you, through the Internet and the medium of words!

2 comments:

drewweis said...

Second Printing
I know nothing of the publishing process, let alone the matter of a second printing. But I wish your exceptional translation included the Chinese text for further contemplation and to lend something pleasant to the eye to your literary work of art.

Derek said...

Thank you Drew. What you are describing is definitely my personal preference. In my initial discussion with the publisher, they told me that the added complexity would drive up the cost, so I had to let the idea go.

As I gain experience in publishing and prove myself as an author, I am continuing to pursue the vision to include Chinese text in my books. This is why you will see relevant Chinese phrases accompanying every chapter of my latest book, The Tao of Daily Life. :)